avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Context - a future
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:50:03 GMT
On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 14:02, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Can someone who is _not_ advocating any of the competing propositions for Context please
lead this
> task:
>
> We need a 'roll-up' on this rapidly sprawling thread.  Many people (incl me) are being
lost in the
> extensive detail.
>
> 1) What are the competing solutions .. hashmap style get(), cast to Context derived interfaces
etc

not really actual or competing 'solutions' atm. Just discussion about
different ways to approach problems and which direction things should go
toward.

> 2) What is the timescale we are trying aim for?  Can it go into Phoenix and Merlin or
is it a
> revolution, thus only for uber-container?

none proposed, not talked about yet at all I think. I think this is
something for the info/meta/containerkit stuff, and it would be nice to
start using some of that sooner than later.

> The idea is that we get one summary of the choices.  It may be that me, Stephen, Leo(s)
post
> comment and the rollup is modified.  Best to leave the start of this to unaligned person
though.

I'll keep my mouth firmly shut then :D

cheers,

- Leo