avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] container&framework stuff to sandbox
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:44:08 GMT
Hi all,

if there are no objections I would like to move the controversial
container material and controversial framework material to the new
sandbox CVS, especially stuff dealing with the meta/info things,
everything proposed as a revolution, and everything alpha.

specifically, I would like to move the following materials:

Table in the format <currentlocation> | <newlocation>

jakarta-avalon/src/proposal/avalon5 | avalon-sandbox/framework5
jakarta-avalon/src/proposal/resolver |
	avalon-sandbox/framework5/resolver
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/containerkit | avalon-sandbox/containerkit
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/info | avalon-sandbox/meta/info
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/interceptor |
	avalon-sandbox/interceptor
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/scratchpad/avalon-cc |
	avalon-sandbox/cc
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/tweety |
	avalon-sandbox/tweety
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/xfc |
	avalon-sandbox/xfc

(please be specific about what you don't like about this table if there
is only part of this stuff you don't like)

Several pacakages I'm not mentioning because Steve's working on moving
them, including:

jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/container
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/meta
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/extension

I'm not mentioning fortress because I believe it is ever nearing a beta
stadium and I don't want to be in the way, or loose the cvs history....

I'm not mentioning some stuff on which phoenix depends, because, well,
phoenix depends on it and I want to handle that stuff separately if
there is anything to handle at all...

I found
http://www.loria.fr/cgi-bin/molli/fom.cgi?_highlightWords=renaming&file=287
containing information on cvs surgery and I think that the setup
described is the only way to do things (if you want to keep revision
history).

However, it seems the stuff I mentioned is all so unstable it is sort-of
okay not to keep the cvs history? (The history would still be available
in the attic of the excalibur cvs.)

cheers,

- Leo