avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:23:33 GMT
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 13:22, Paul Hammant wrote:
> > I'm strongly -1 on such a move. Frankly, 'ejecting' phoenix seems quite
> > silly to even consider.
>
> 'ejecting' is the wrong word.  'freeing' is the right word.

freeing is okay, if that is what "the developers working on phoenix"
really want. Ejecting is bad, which is the word I read and somewhat
emotionally objected too.

> The people to do the work on Phoenix do not want the Avalon PMC to vetoing the type of
change they
> were happy making for a number of years.

I think a potential avalon PMC would not want to do that. Especially
considering that most of the people (all?) who work on phoenix are on
that PMC!

> We want out.

:'( I've already said why I think that is bad (both wanting it and doing
it ).

> Refer my 'line in the sand' posting.

read that, sent a reply too...

I really can't figure out why you think an Avalon PMC would veto changes
the developers want to make to phoenix, or what leads you to believe
that they could if they wanted to.

cheers,

- Leo