avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:11:09 GMT
On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 13:13, Greg Stein wrote:
> In article <1037532855.1426.53.camel@lsd.student.utwente.nl>, "Leo Simons"
> <leosimons@apache.org> wrote:
> > All that said, if a majority of the phoenix developers does want to
> > split off,
>
> The "phoenix developers" == the "avalon developers" as far as
> CVSROOT/avail is concerned. But if you rephrased as "the interested
> developers", then okay...

granted. I don't think the distinction would matter...I suspect if "the
avalon developers actively working on the phoenix codebase" would all
really want to move that codebase elsewhere, then "other avalon
developers that are not working on that codebase" would accept their
decision, which in turn I suspect would lead to PMC (whether Jakarta or
Avalon) support. If I were the board, I would then give that PMC a hard
time justifying the move :D

> > I think it is the apache way to not be in the way.
>
> The phrase "apache way" can be used for Good or for Bad :-).

Okay. Bad choice of words. Just had a nice ring to it....

cheers,

- Leo