avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] formation of an Avalon PMC
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:32:47 GMT
On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 06:09, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Why did we choose Nicola?

he received the most public support. There has not been that much
discussion on this. It is the board that makes these decisions
regardless. Would you like background behind why I voiced support? I
think it best if discussions like these are kept private for the sake of
all involved.

I think we should be rotating the position chair, in which case it
should not be much of an issue.

IIUC, the primary responsibility of the chair is sending reports to the
board unless there is a really big problem the PMC can't solve (in which
case the chair acts as officer and not as chair). I expect that no-one
who was nominated would overstep boundaries like this.

cheers,

- Leo