avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting-started.xml
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:49:45 GMT
On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 10:18, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> We also should decide where it goes, and some have hinted it could go
> side by side with the framework, although not being in the same package.
> IMVHO it could be used as a simple reference implementation of the
> framework concepts and contracts.
>
> Continuing the past proposal about a new unified CVS, thinking out loud:
>
>    ./src/framework/**.java
>    ./src/reference/**.java
>    ./src/util/**.java
>
>    ./scratchpad/src/merlin2/**.java
>    ./scratchpad/src/fortress/**.java
>
> Thoughts?

I think you can view Tweety as a concept implementation, but not as a
reference implementation. One thing it doesn't do for example is protect
components from each other, or guarantee that the stuff a component can
get from its SM has run up to initialize().
There's a lot of stuff like that, and adding it all in would make the
code complex to the level where it will be quite a bit more difficult to
understand.

cheers,

- Leo