avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Avalon PMC Chair
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:27:01 GMT
On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 18:20, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Could the following people please post to the list their
> position with respect to taking on the job:
>
> * Nicola Ken Barozzi
> * Stephen McConnell <-- ready if necessary
> * Leo Sutic
> * Leo Simons <-- ready if neccessary
> * Paul Hammant
> * Marcus Crafter
> * Carsten Ziegeler
missing:
  * Peter Royal

further comment: I would be willing to fulfill the role if there are no
other acceptable candidates. I have no particular desire to act as a VP
but I understand the need for one. I think I'd be able to do a
reasonable job.

However I feel there are others that are better suited for this role
than me, especially for the first few months in starting things up. I
won't say right now that I'd actually like Nicola to take the spot
because I don't want to pressure him into volunteering, busy man as he
is :D

cheers,

- Leo Simons