avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kasper Nielsen" <n...@kav.dk>
Subject Avalon Containers and Clustering
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:01:43 GMT
Hi,

For a research project in distributed value-oriented storage facilities for
xml I need (unless everything fails) a container that supports stuff like
auto-discovery of other container, cluster-wide deployment of code, state
transfer from one container to another, failover, and other common features
found in distributed systems.

I'm going to use javagroups with a transfer neutral layer on top, and I
would probably prefer creating something that is as container-neutral as
possible, i.e. for use in both phoenix + merlin/fortress

Could anybody give me an overview of what kind of changes is needed to
archive this, does eob support any of this?

- Kasper

---------
Kasper Nielsen
Norrebrogade 110A, 1.tv.