avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mircea Toma" <mirceat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal]: Extending Parser Interface
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:43:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>
To: "Avalon Developers List" <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 11:49 PM
Subject: RE: [Proposal]: Extending Parser Interface

> Mircea Toma wrote:
> >
> > I wouldn't do that. By passing parameters to configure a
> > Component you break
> > SoC pattern. I would just have different parsers configured with
different
> > parameters and select them using the CS or CM.
> >
> Hmm, I agree partially with you here. Now, I think configuring a component
> will all different configuration sets is not the right approach:
> You end up having a "validating parser", a "non-validation parser",
> a "validation and xyz parser", a "validation and not xyz parser" etc.
> And your application really needs all those four.

Is it the application that needs all these parsers or one component/service?

> So, in the end you need for each component that you can use in
> different situations a ComponentSelector.

Phoenix has this ability of providing different component implementations to
different components without using a selector. I guess this would solve your
problem conceptually but if you have to use ECM than I agree using a
selector for parsers is not very nice.

Mircea