avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] avalon's future - take 2 (was [vote] avalon's future )
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:54:02 GMT
> From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
>
> Stepanossov, Kirill wrote:
> > Committers, if this accepted, could you still leave
> different "toolkits" for
> > building customized containers available ?
>
> Why does everybody here think that COP and inheritance don't mix? Who
> said that?

Noone.  COP is an extension of OOP in many respects.  All it does
is simplify the problem domain by providing a stricter set of solutions.

You can implement components using inheritance, there is no problem
with that.  In the container's view, they are completely different
components.  It's no biggy, its just that sometimes we see through
the containers eyes sometimes.