avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] drop @author tags from source files
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:42:10 GMT
> From: Noel J. Bergman [mailto:noel@devtech.com]
>
> > One thing that I really wanted this community to do is to adopt the
> > "Developing with Avalon" white paper and make it their own.  I don'
>
> > It needs to be a living document and track how to work with the
> > current Avalon.
>
> Especially since it is obsolete.  :-(  Reading it is really
> interesting.
> But then you run into things that are pitched as core
> essence, and which
> don't exist anymore.

They exist, but are not the preferred way of doing things.
The foundational theory and concepts still apply--but the
"Implementing the Dream" chapter, potentially the most useful,
needs some overhauling.  Perhaps we can tackle that after we
have our container spec done...

> The only time code is "mine" is if I am working on it, in which case I
> should make sure to let everyone else know
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html), so that we
> don't step on
> each other's changes.

Right.

> If you have longer term plans for something, they also go
> into the file.
> That way before someone starts working on something, they can
> check the long
> term plan items.

Yep.

> We haven't been good about keep a status file for James.  I
> expect that to
> change for the next development cycle.  I do wish that we
> could implement
> the status file as a wiki (HINT TO TPTB!)

:)

> Is there a status file for Avalon?  I haven't looked at the
> CVS, but it
> isn't obvious from the web site.  If I look at the web site,
> the TODO link
> (where present) goes to bugzilla.

Not really.  There used to be a long time ago.