avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Schier <MSch...@bsquare.com>
Subject RE: [vote] New Committer
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 00:39:30 GMT

WOW!!! I'm honored that you nominated and chose me as a new committer. To
follow the traditions I will give you a short presentation of myself:

My name is Marc Schier and I'm 29 years old. I'm working for a company in
San Diego and actually today is my last day, since the facility is going to
be closed down.  But lucky as I am, I will be able to move to Seattle to
live among Starbucks and Microsoft and working in the underground to spread
the joy of Java and Avalon component oriented development.

I grew up in Duesseldorf, Germany, worked for a large German bank and later
went to college in Augsburg, also Germany, where I studied business
computing.  I also got my first job in there working on financial
web-applications, but that didn't do it for me, so I decided to follow my
(now)wife to the US two and a half years ago. I immediatly found a job at a
company that builds in-car navigation software, and as I said that has come
to an end today.  But it also introduced me to component oriented
development and specifically Avalon being in need of a complementary
framework to the C++ COP framework already in place.

I'm very happy about your vote, since I have some nice components I would
like to share, and with the Avalon based software I have written and that's
around I of course also have a vested interested in the success of this fine
project.

The next two weeks unfortunately I will be travelling and relocating to
Seattle and of course will not be able to get everything set up immediatly.
So please bear with me until I have all my thing back in place.  I will then
re-appear on this mailing list and join the development efforts...

Thanks again!

Marc