avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Sutic <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject util.concurrent maybe in Java 1.5, definitely in Avalon
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:20:28 GMT
I might add that util.concurrent (Doug Lea's stuff) is
trying to make it into Java 1.5.

2.6 Is there a proposed package name for the
API Specification? (i.e., javapi.something,
org.something, etc.)
java.util.concurrent

2.11 Please describe the anticipated schedule
for the development of this specification.
The goal is to include this specification in the J2SE 1.5
(Tiger) umbrella JSR.

See http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/166.jsp for more
information.

I know that JDK1.5 is a bit off still, but if we're going
for a non-Avalon concurrency library, this is the one.
And I definitely think we should go for a non-Avalon
concurrency library - threading is neither easy nor
really part of Avalon.

Plus, if we pick a widely used library we get all the
benefits if well-tested code, etc.

(And if it matters - this is the library JBoss uses.)

/LS