avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Avalon Component repository in Apache Commons
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:13:13 GMT

Hi Nocolas:

A repository for reusable components outside of the Avalon domain is in
my opinion a wonderful objective. While there is the question of
component portability across containers, there is also a clear cut case
of container indepedent components that exist today.  One of the reasons
why I find this exciting is that it rreally drives at the question of
"what is a component" and reinforces the priority concerning the
delivery of components that are deployable across a number of different
environments.  It forces us (Avalon) to look inwards and say to
ourselves - "how can we refector differences in container functionlities
to achieve portability".

I've just subscribed to the list and look forward further discussion on
the topic.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell