avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: licensing issues revisited
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:16:07 GMT

Shouldn't we be focussing on what additional actions need to taken
within Avalon?

The following Excalibur projects following projects are OK.

  Assembly, container, fortress, event, logger, meta, merlin, tweety,
and xfc.

The following Excalibur projects are all using the short form license
and need to be updated:

  Altrmi, baxter, bzip2, cache, cli, collections, component, concurrent,
  containerkit, converter, csframework, datasource, extension, i18n,
  info, instrument, instrument-client, instrument-manager, io, jprocess,
  loader, monitor, naming, policy, pool, sourceresolver, store, tar,
  testcase, thread, threadcontext, util, xmlbundle, xmlutil, and zip.

In addition to the above - we also need to take care of the following:

  LogKit
  Phoenix

... and the individual applications within AvalonApps (I've already
mentioned the status of the enterprise component suite) but baed on an
inital insopection it appears that most of the other projects need to be
updated as well.

If we split this responsibility up we could have our code base looking
good from a legal viewpoint within no time at all.

:-D

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell