avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject SEDA vs. JMS?
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:46:36 GMT
Hi all!

I finally had a chance to take some time off and had a look at some of
the SEDA papers on Matt's webpage. The concept sounded a bit similar to
the project that we are doing with JMS&MDB (hosted by JBoss). So... I
was wondering how do these two concepts compare?

My initial "gut-feeling" is that JMS is more heavy-weight and SEDA is
more light-weight... JMS has more "enterprise" features; meaning
transactions, persistence, etc.

As I know more of JMS than I know about SEDA, maybe more knowledgeable
people (Berin?) can fill in here? Also, the features are probably very
much up to specific implementations of SEDA, so, how do Sandstorm and
Avalon compare to JMS (and to each-other) in this sense...?

Rgds,
Neeme