avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Events
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 01:51:41 GMT
Daniel Krieg wrote:
> What is the standard approach to implementing Events alla Avalon.  I come from a Beans
background and am used to Swing-style Listener/Event implementations.  Is this approach acceptable
within containers like Phoenix or it the Excalibur Event packages the way to go?

<ot>The use of line breaks would be welcome</ot>

It depends entirely on what you are trying to do.  The Event package provides
a framework for a SEDA like infrastructure where components are stitched together
using event queues.  It helps increase scalability while minimizing complexity
in event based programming.  In other words, it forces a minimal structure to
that type of computing.

In the Event package is a CommandManager, where you can execute commands
asynchronously using a small amount of threads in the background tasks.
It is useful for management functions and all.

As far as how to best help you, I would need some more information on what
problem you are trying to solve.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin