avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject ServiceManager
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 06:34:18 GMT
Daniel Krieg is going to enhance the Sevak block (or an optional
extension of it) to register services retrieved from ServiceManager in
JNDI for the use of WAR file webapps in Catalina in the same JVM.

Unfortunately there is a catch-22.  The assembler must declare services
in xinfo and the developer must use lookup on ServiceManager to get the
service in order to register it in JNDI.  If we had a list() method on
ServiceManager then we would be in position where we could code a block
that speculatively reads blocks and places them in JNDI.

The other choice would be to declare service names in config, get then
via configure() then (out of order) retrieve then from ServiceManager.

Thoughts?

- Paul