avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Delegate Implementation is in place
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:07:43 GMT
Leo, I think I am quite happy with the Delegate classes and their JavaDocs.

I would like to get some more opinions from the rest of us to see if
this is something that you would find useful in your stuff.

Peter, it seems that this might really help out with the Interceptor stuff.
For instance, you can have a set of static methods that hold all the logic
for your interceptors, and then invoke them with the Delegate to the correct
method.  It is faster than giant switch/if/then/else networks, and takes
up less space than several small classes in the JAR.

We will most likely be pushing for a place in Commons for this--to get the
widest audience.  Maybe someone will be able to generate proxies that
live in the same class/package as the delegated method.  That would expose
the delegate to anything the current scope can see.

It will definitely help out with getting all the components implementing
a stage to be put through their paces like this:

initDelegate.initialize();

and all the components are initialized!  It makes for cleaner code and
hides the looping code.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin