avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What do you feel about hosting Doug Lea's Concurrent stuff?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:24:56 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>>>+1 Excellent idea.
>>>
>>>(Of course, anyone giving this a +1 automatically waives the right
>>>to complain about Avalon's long package names.)
>>

>>I have a jar compiled and included here:
>>
>>${jakarta-avalon-excalibur}/event/lib/util.concurrent-1.3.1.jar
>>
>>This is the current release.
>>
>>We can make it available elsewhere.
>>

> How about using the Maven repository? I'm going to take a crack at a few
> of the excalibur packages because I want to build phoenix using Maven so
> I'll knock off a few builds this week.

Right now, we aren't using maven in Avalon.  Although, ATM I would
appreciate it.

BTW, the current CVS version of Maven messes up when run from Cygwin.
Its because the build script determines that we are running Windows,
and performs an <exec/> running the DOS version of the "find" util.
In Cygwin, the DOS version is not available, and the parameters are
different.

I am a religious user of Cygwin because I can treat Winblows like a
real operating system (i.e. like Unix).  If I get the new job I
interviewed for (crossing my fingers) I will have a Sun machine on
my desktop.  Because my current employer doesn't want me to bring
in my laptop any more, I need to cut down on email traffic so I
am not subscribed to Maven anymore.  If you can bring it up, I would
appreciate it.  To me its a showstopper for Maven--and it didn't *use*
to do it.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin