avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question: would we like avalon split?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:49:10 GMT
On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:35, Leo Simons wrote:
> Question rizes: do current avalon committers and contributors like the
> size and scope of the avalon project?
>
> I know some of us (me, pete, for starters) feel actually splitting
> avalon into multiple pieces would be good. This is a quick poll to
> figure out how broad the support for this is =)
>
> There'd perhaps be
>
> avalon.apache.org
> phoenix.apache.org
> logkit.apache.org
> altrmi.apache.org

Personally I would like to see testlet and some of the excalibur stuff go to
the graveyard. LogKit be promoted and large chunks of excalibur moved to
commons.apache.org or incubator.

Then Avalon would be left with threee things. Client API for components (aka
Framework), Containers for Client API (aka Fortress/Phoenix/Merlin) and some
Services (though I am not sure whether these belong in another project or in
commons or what).

At times I have thought that moving Phoenix+Cornerstone+Apps to a new project
would be a good thing and then at other times I hate the idea so ... ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald