avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TableIdGenerator initialization
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2002 09:20:09 GMT
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 07:02, Richard Wallace wrote:
> I was just wondering if it would be possible to add code to the
> TableIdGenerator in excalibur.datasource.ids to check if the id table
> exists and if not, create it.

This should be possible. The problem being that table creation scripts are
likely to be specific to particular databases. So the actual creation SQL
would need to be configurable dependending on what the target database is.

> Also, to check if the table_name being
> managed has an entry, and if not to create it.

That should be possible.

> If everyone agrees that these changes are a good idea I'd be more than
> happy to implement them.

That would be fantastic. I don't actually know the component but someone else
will definetly apply it ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald