avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-phoenix/src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/xdoclet BlockInfoSubTask.java ManifestSubTask.java MxInfoSubTask.java PhoenixXDoclet.java blockinfo.xdt manifest.xdt mxinfo.xdt
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 23:58:08 GMT
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:37, hammant@apache.org wrote:
> hammant     2002/10/01 14:37:53
>
>   Modified:    .        build.xml
>   Removed:     lib/xdoclet LICENSE.xdoclet.txt commons-logging.jar
>                         log4j-core.jar xdoclet-20020825.jar
>                         xjavadoc-20020825.jar
>                src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/xdoclet
>                         BlockInfoSubTask.java ManifestSubTask.java
>                         MxInfoSubTask.java PhoenixXDoclet.java
>                         blockinfo.xdt manifest.xdt mxinfo.xdt
>   Log:
>   Xdoclet gone.  MetaGenerate performs xinfo and mxinfo needs for Phoenix
> now.

I would prefer we just deprecated and added warning to code. That way anyone
who upgrades wont get no nasty surprise. We can something like

System.out.println( "XDoclet support has been deprecated in favour of QDox
info generation. Please see http://X for documentation on Phoenix QDox
support." );

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Therefore it can be said that victorious warriors
win first, and then go to battle, while defeated
warriors go to battle first, and then seek to win."
              - Sun Tzu, the Art Of War