avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject question: would we like avalon split?
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:35:45 GMT
Hi All,

I've ben reading reorg@apache.org. For one, it seems we might be getting
sourcecast, which is cool. There is also talk of larger-scale reorg
(like moving projects out of jakarta all the way to the top
conceptually), which are also especially relevant to avalon as it is a
kind of 'uber-project'.

Question rizes: do current avalon committers and contributors like the
size and scope of the avalon project?

I know some of us (me, pete, for starters) feel actually splitting
avalon into multiple pieces would be good. This is a quick poll to
figure out how broad the support for this is =)

There'd perhaps be

avalon.apache.org
phoenix.apache.org
logkit.apache.org
altrmi.apache.org

incubator.apache.org/lots-of-stuff-now-at-avalon
graveyard.apache.org/lots-of-stuff-now-at-avalon
commons.apache.org/lots-of-stuff-now-at-avalon

along with probably different cvs repos, voting/access rights, web
pages, PMCs, etc.

but we'd maybe still keep the current mailing lists, ie not completely
dissolve the community. We might even end up with
java-framework-discussion@apache.org, if I understand correctly the
proposals on reog@apache.org.

cheers,

Leo