avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Map and Array Dependencies
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:18:53 GMT
> I think a sensible approach is to do what Linux Kernel development does.
> It branches the development into a Stable branch and a Development
> branch.  The truth is we need a *stable* Phoenix.

Which is what I would propose....but I am afraid that the people most
active on phoenix maintainance (ie pete, paul, ....) would just leave
the stable branch lying around, being stable.

The linux kernel team has more resources. Maintaining branches is a
resource commitment. I'm not going to ask it of the phoenix people.

but it'd be smart =)

- Leo