avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert" <rmcint...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject [OT] CVS and patches
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:58:02 GMT
Forgive me for asking this off topic question, but I've looked around
the net a bit and can't seem to find an answer. I know that when
submitting a patch for some piece of code you like to have the patch
submitted by doing a "diff -u"  command, correct? In the CVS manual I've
read it shows how to do this and what the results look like, but what I
can't find is how you actually apply this patch to the repository. If,
for example, I create a patch, do a diff on it and send it to the list,
how to you commiters actually apply it? I know how to commit a source
file, but is that different than applying a patch?

Thanks a bunch,
Robert McIntosh