avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert" <rmcint...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject RE: FW: status: (was: spacing in config files)
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 14:16:55 GMT
Thanks for the info Berin.

- Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 9:54 PM
To: Avalon Developers List
Subject: Re: FW: status: (was: spacing in config files)

Robert wrote:
> Wonderful, I'll get a CVS snapshot today and do a build.
>
> Berin, are these wrappers something I need to do a build? If so, what
> jar are you referring to?

Those wrappers are something you need to do a *release*.  Avalon will
build without them (which is why they are missing in the 4.1.2b
release).
Perhaps we need a more vocal warning system.

Anyway, Log4J-1.1.3.jar will give you the Log4JLogger.

Building with JDK 1.4+ will give you the other logger.

The javac is set to output JDK 1.2 compatible classes--even when you are
compiling with JDK 1.4.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

For additional commands, e-mail: