avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: thoughts on Avalon PMC ([Fwd: Re: Incubator, Jakarta, and new projects])
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:15:56 GMT

> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
> >It's all rather icky.
> >
> >options to make it less icky:
> >- jakarta PMC votes on releases (not really a practical option)
> >- avalon gets a board-installed PMC which votes on releases
> >- destroy avalon (rather not)
> >
> >This sounds like a rather good argument for an avalon PMC.
> >

> +1

+1 from me, too. It would seem to be our only viable option except for
pre-emptively countersuing Microsoft, Apache and our users.

However: Let's not rush this. This is a very general problem for
all of Apache. There should be some guidelines from Apache on what
a project should do in order to be legally solid. I've run around on
the apache.org website, but not found anything. Anyone?

/LS