avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [GUMP] Build Failure - excalibur-event
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:03:14 GMT

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 03:34, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > If the GUMP descriptor was local, we could fix it here,
> never bother
> > Alexandria-Dev and be done with it.  Otherwise we should vote for a
> > representative.  Preferably someone who is both subscribed to the
> > mailing list and has commit priviledges ;P.
>
> The problem was that when it was local no one ever fixed
> problems and it
> annoyed people (Stefan and Sam) who wanted to fix problems.

Not to whine, but I think the reason it went unfixed when it was
here is that you could not easily run GUMP and check if the
descriptor was correct.

Neither could you use GUMP as your build environment.

When I did MicroContainer, it was endlessly frustrating to change
the GUMP descriptor, and then not know for another X hours whether
the change did in fact solve the problem.

/LS