avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Delegates
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:35:35 GMT

> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>
> Util is a scratchpad.

Oh.

> Leo Sutic wrote:
> > Berin,
> >
> > Therefore I suggest we try to get them into Commons/Lang.
>
> Your version would make it.  I am using Excalibur as a
> scratchpad in this case.
>
> > I think it is OK for Excalibur to have dependencies on
> Commons, plus
> > having them there will increase the likelyhood of adoption.
> >
> > Opinion?
>
> True.  However in order for it to be in Lang, it cannot be in
> its current form.  I will try adapting it to your form (the
> factory pattern).

Well, the code I sent is ready to go. I have an improved version
with synchronization for the event class, so you won't get weird
behaviour when someone registers an event while it is firing.

Plus, it has some extra checks... It's better, simply put.

OK, so how about some collaboration on this?

I can put a cleaner, better version of my code into Excalibur/Util.
Since I barfed out the code, I get to clean it up and commit it?

Plus, it is in a desperate need of documentation, and I think
I am the one most suited to write that (since I wrote the code).

Then, once we are confident that it works, we contact Commons/Lang
and try to get it in there. Maybe in commons.lang or
commons.lang.delegate.

/LS