avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Does Component Handling always work ?
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:29:01 GMT
Hi,

sorry for this question - but I'm currently totally confused
if the avalon concepts (4.x) always work as expected. (I hope they do...)

Example: I have two components, one being ThreadSafe and one Poolable
component which is of course not ThreadSafe.

Now, the ThreadSafe component looks up the Poolable one, lets say
in the compose() method and stores this instance for the whole
lifetime.

Does this work properly? I would assume that now the Poolable
component is used as a ThreadSafe one. Is this right?
Or do I oversee something?

Regards
Carsten