avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Almost ready to release Event
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:50:49 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:52, Peter Donald wrote:
>
>>I have done most of the thread stuff. Implemented a MPool ThreadPool (yet
>>to commit) and in process of writing unit tests.
>>
>>One thing though. Should we decouple from excalibur.collections completely
>>and just place the three needed classes into mpool.collections (or
>>something). That way when collections migrates to commons we will not be
>>relying on deprecated code.
>

> Same with the one class from Concurrent

With collections, I have been trying to get them to release.  What we
can do is create a snapshot of the CVS so we can migrate early.  Now,
for concurrent, I have been meaning to implement the monitors and such
directly so we don't need Concurrent.  Another approach of course is
to use Doug Lea's stuff immediately.  That would remove the necessity
of Avalon Concurrent.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin