avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Mass update script (whoever wants it)
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:57:35 GMT
Using a BASH interpreter (get Cygwin if you are on windows), this simple
script allows me to go to a root directory with all the projects I
support and update them all with one command:

 > ./update

It will go through all the child directories, determine if it is a CVS
backed directory (since I commonly have Apache and private projects in
one location), and update the CVS directories only.

I find it convenient (I run it every morning) to stay current.  Yall
can use it if you want, or ignore it if don't want it.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin