avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: merlin on jdk 1.3.1
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 05:44:21 GMT
Stephen,
    Thanks for fixing that.  But when I tried again to compile things I
got more errors:

Cheers,
Leif

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 47 source files to
/home/leif/dev/jakarta/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly/build/classes
    [javac]
/home/leif/dev/jakarta/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/merlin/ExceptionHelper.java:105:

cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method getCause  ()
    [javac] location: class java.lang.Throwable
    [javac]         if( cause.getCause() != null )
    [javac]                  ^
    [javac]
/home/leif/dev/jakarta/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/merlin/ExceptionHelper.java:236:

cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method getCause  ()
    [javac] location: class java.lang.Throwable
    [javac]        return packCauseInTable( error, e.getCause() ) + footer;
    [javac]                                         ^
    [javac]
/home/leif/dev/jakarta/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/merlin/ExceptionHelper.java:247:

cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method getCause  ()
    [javac] location: class java.lang.Throwable
    [javac]         return packCauseInTable( s, cause.getCause() );
    [javac]                                          ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
    [javac] 3 errors