avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FOP Avalonization] IoC the holy grail?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:22:29 GMT

Two issues:

(a)  Cornerstone refernence to BlockContext - can be overcome by
addition of a type descriptor that declares the context type dependecies
in a container indepedent manner however Pete's -1 prevents me from
doing that - apparently Pete does not like anyone doing anything with
Cornerstone that isn't Phoenix specific and consitent with his long term
plans (see CVS hostory for details)

(b) There appears to be a bug in the file persistence - running the
James confiugration using the current Cornerstone fails -  I have not
investigated because I'm sick to death of -1s and I've better things to
do with my time.

Cheers, Steve.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>>
>>Aside from that James CVS cannot run in Merlin using the current
>>cornerstone due to the -1s from Pete which is the reason why I'm
>>maintaining a fork of cornertone content so I can run James
>>indepedently
>>of Phoenix.
>>

>Stephen, have you tried to use the COmponentProxyGenerator in the
>Container package?  You won't need the Component interface anymore.
>As to the descriptor issues, I can't help you.
>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy