avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FOP Avalonization] IoC the holy grail?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:57:00 GMT

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   A bit strong, huh?

Thats because I was talking to you.  It was totally in jest.

>> surely I must have been sleep deprived.  I don't remember the
>> conversation, but I believe you.  There are some blackout periods that
>> I barely remember.  (like those days where I was sorting through the
>> Cocoon code at the mess of gazillion interfaces and dependancies
>> trying to debug some little nuiance)
>

> No, it's because you don't give a damn about logging, and never got
> interested about it.
> Not that you should BTW.

No the dependency trees are pretty thick and I sure as heck haven't been
able to configure logging reliably so thats true.  (That would go to my
other issue which I'll do everyone a favor and keep to myself).
Debugging applications with thick ancestry is a laborious task.  But
that gets into Cocoon and Cocoon is in may ways (don't get me wrong I
love Cocoon) the ultimate Avalon Anti-pattern.

-Andy