avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FOP Avalonization] IoC the holy grail?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:09:19 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> (cc: stefano because I used his name in vane)
>
> Peter Donald wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:34, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>>> I'm doing some work on Avalonizing FOP, as it has been decided it's the
>>> right way.
>>>
>>> We are using already LogEnabled, and now it's time for Configuration,
>>> but most important of all, usage of the SourceResolver.
>>>
>>> Now, I'm dealing with a problem I already had with POI (we want to
>>> avalonize it too probably).
>>>

> We do?  I don't.  Wrapper it with an avalon thing, but I'll -1 the hell

Shut up, Andrew, I know all this, you know all this, in fact this is
what the thread is all about: Avalon makes sense for Services, and POI
is a Services but NOT made on services.

Don't worry.

> out of any attempt to make the bits and pieces avalonized.  And I'll fly
> over to Italy and beat you (nkb) with a wet noodle if you mark anything
> with LogEnabled in POI.  Its inappropriate IMHO in a low level API.

Gee, man, I did it before, it was shit, I changed it to our wrapper again.
See, I'm innocent!

It was you that asked to alavonize it, and I came to the conclusion that
it didn't make sense low level.
No news under the sun.

<snip/>

> NOT everything tht CAN be avalonized should be.

The nail, the hammer...

 > Less is more.

Nonsense sentence.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -