avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [FOP Avalonization] IoC the holy grail?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:34:34 GMT
I'm doing some work on Avalonizing FOP, as it has been decided it's the
right way.

We are using already LogEnabled, and now it's time for Configuration,
but most important of all, usage of the SourceResolver.

Now, I'm dealing with a problem I already had with POI (we want to
avalonize it too probably).

When we have big object pacakge structures and classes, it becomes
somewhat impractical to use IoC.

For example, in POI there are tons of classes that represent portions of
the OLE2 file format.
Shall I have all of these become container-components?

Or in FOP: there needs to be an ImageFactoryService, but the problem is
that it needs to be used by projects deep in the call stack.

How can I make these components serviceable?
Should I?

It seems that when the model becomes too finegrained, the Avalon
patterns become difficult to use.

Comments, ideas?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -