avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: java and c++ un/marshalling
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:18:27 GMT
On Friday 20 September 2002 15:31, Leo Sutic wrote:
> I did some *very* simple stuff...
>
> DataInputStream and DataOutputStream, and keep track of the byte order.
> (I just standardized on big-endian.)
>
> At the Java end:
>
>   Use introspection or just code your own serialization routines.
>
> At the C++ end:
>
>   Well, roll your own...
>
> May I ask just how much serialization power you need? Do you need to
> move
> entire object graphs, or just simple domain objects?

The most complicated ones are Hasmap and List or Array. The rest are simple
objects. How far did you get?

I also started to implement something (basically implement the hessian
protocoll from caucho). The lack of reflection is frustrating though ;)

I was just wondering if there is already something available so I don't have
to reinvent the wheel.
--
Torsten