avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Component Sharing
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:18:17 GMT
On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:26, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I have seen interceptors being used, and I also have seen many
> implementations as hacks.

This one wont be ;) It already looks sweet.

> You cannot easily control what happens when you put various layers of
> interception in your calls, and it can lead to lack of control.

Err - interceptors are about giving you very very explicit fine grain control.
I am not sure what you mean by this ...

> The point is: what does interception give us that lifecycle extension
> cannot?

pooling, persistence, security, transactions, auditing, etc. All transparently
and for free. There is a reason that all major enterprise frameworks offer
someway to do just this.

> Lifecycle is the *key* to Avalon use and comprehension, and it has
> remained solid in time, where other features have not always.

exactly.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald