avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML Conventions
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2002 21:22:02 GMT
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 01:47, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
> >
> > On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:24, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > > In short: Peter - just do what feels right. This is like the
> > > whitespace style of your code (brace on same or following
> >
> > line?), and
> >
> > > we can expend a metric shitload of time arguing back and forth with
> > > very little of actual value coming out of it.
> >
> > ahh - okay ;)
> >
> > I am using Davids suggestion and it seems to work reasonably
> > well. In database
> > terms it boils down to;
> > * normalize data
> > * keys (or candidate keys) become attributes
> > * repeating groups become elements
> > * remaining data items become either elements (if long),
> > attributes (if
> > "salient") or I flip a coin if no other rule holds ;)
>
> Sounds OK. If possible - could you make it so that the resulting
> structure can be made into a Configuration? I.e. no mixed content.

No problem. At the moment I only end up with content in "long" data items.
However I have not come across any of those while I was normalizing the
config files.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Therefore it can be said that victorious warriors
win first, and then go to battle, while defeated
warriors go to battle first, and then seek to win."
              - Sun Tzu, the Art Of War