avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML Conventions
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2002 15:45:28 GMT
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:24, Leo Sutic wrote:
> In short: Peter - just do what feels right. This is like the whitespace
> style of your code (brace on same or following line?), and we can expend
> a metric shitload of time arguing back and forth with very little of
> actual value coming out of it.

ahh - okay ;)

I am using Davids suggestion and it seems to work reasonably well. In database
terms it boils down to;
* normalize data
* keys (or candidate keys) become attributes
* repeating groups become elements
* remaining data items become either elements (if long), attributes (if
"salient") or I flip a coin if no other rule holds ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald