avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Validate XML all the time?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:11:21 GMT
On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 19:47, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Does anyone know of a method in which you can force an XML parser to validate
> against a specific DTD regardless of whether it is declared or not. So
> effectively I want to ignore the presence of DOCTYPE and always specify the
> doctype myself.
>
> I can see this is possible using external APIs or parser specific APIs but
> does anyone know of any vaguely standard way of doing this. Set a feature of
> some sort?

I use the Multi Schema Validator (msv) to make a Validator object that
can be used to validate a document against DTD, XSD, RelaxNG. Works
nicely and is pretty easy to use. It's worked great for me so far.

http://tambora.zenplex.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/plexus/component-builds/transactor/src/java/org/apache/plexus/transactor/Validator.java?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

> --
> Cheers,
>
> Peter Donald
> He strains to hear a whisper who refuses to hear a shout.
>

> --
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com