avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Configuring components dynamically
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:02:07 GMT
On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 07:34, Leo Simons wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 22:12, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm sure people have done this before but I'm not sure what the standard
> > way to configure a component at run time is.
> >
> > I have Jetty/Turbine/Velocity component combination that I am using to
> > create web views for an application model.
> <snip/>
> >
> > VelocityComponent vc = getServiceManager().
> >     get(VelocityComonent.ROLE, configuration);
>
> Any chance I can get a look at that VelocityComponent? I can't open
> source ours and would like an excuse to ditch it in favour of something
> that might be open source (I know, big assumption...)...

Here's the baby container and all the components along with a maven
build:
http://tambora.zenplex.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/plexus/

The container is nothing special as I've been pouring over all the
Avalon code looking stuff to use and looking for pointers. But I have 3
months to work on it and improve it.

Here's the heavily altered Turbine code that I'm using for application views:
http://tambora.zenplex.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/turbine-3/

I will be renaming this Summit (a place to get a good view) and moving
it into the plexus directory, and completely avalonizing it.

Nothing special there but gander all you like.

> cheers,
>
> Leo
>

> --
jvz.