avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Opinions from JUnit mailling list on Avalon
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:33:15 GMT

>From the thread entitled:
"[junit] Unit testing multithreaded network code"

(which by the way is an interesting read for testing networking code)

Had the opinions posted from two developers:

"The general issue of how to approach this sort of issue remains
unsolved, but I sidestepped my own problem by passing the
responsibilty of verifying the robustness of code to the Jakarta
Avalon project.   I may be taking the lazy way out, but I trust the
Apache people to write working software."

                 From: weitzman_d [mailto:weitzman_d@yahoo.com]

The response was:

"This might be a deceiving attitude at best. The Avalon project has a
high
code quality indeed, but as for Jakarta projects in general this does
not hold.
Just look randomly around and you'll find lots and lots and lots of
really
bad code with zero tests with no regard to object-oriented principles
and
which violates almost any heuristics for good code I know of."

                 From: Johannes Link [mailto:john.link@gmx.net]

I think we have a reputation for quality--which I would like to see
continue.