avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [OT] On the subject of opinions (from the JUnit thread)
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:10:25 GMT
> From: Robert [mailto:rmcintosh@bull-enterprises.com]
>
> Thanks Leo. Very interesting. Without ever thinking about it,
> I've done pretty much what you describe below.
>
> Perhaps I should rephrase my question a tad: Would you use an
> open source project/library if you DID look at the source and
> found it, well, lacking in design, coding conventions, etc.
> but it worked good and the general idea is a sound one?

We use JUnit don't we?  ;P

The bottom line is #1 does it work, and #2 is it something I would
otherwise have to maintain?

We dropped Avalon Testlet in favor of JUnit because they basically
did the same thing (very small differences), and JUnit already
had a very good following, was open source, and was open to
input from its users.