avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert" <rmcint...@bull-enterprises.com>
Subject spacing in config files
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:35:10 GMT
I thought this was addressed before, but perhaps someone can help me out
here. I have a config file being used by the Configuration package and
for one of the elements I would like to be able to have the text (value)
in a multi-line format so it is easier to read. The text is a SQL
statement so you can imagine that it can get long. I would like to use
something like:

<tag>
  SELECT col1, col2, col3
  FROM table
  WHERE col1 = 1
  AND col2 = 'hey'
</tag>

I've tried putting it in a CDATA section as well as padding with spaces
and such, but it seems that during the read, the carriage return and any
spacing is removed, so it ends up like:

SELECT col1, col2, col3FROM tableWHERE col1 = 1AND col2 = 'hey'

I'm using framework 4.1.2 binary release. Any thoughts, or am I stuck
with one line?

Thanks,
Robert