avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "David W." <davew...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Avalon XML Formatting Guidelines
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 08:59:19 GMT
Leo Sutic Wrote
> > From: David W. [mailto:daveweit@optonline.net]
> >
> > There are a lot of XML files in the Avalon CVS -- buildfiles,
> > xdocs, configuration files, etc.  Standards for indentation
> > (4 spaces? 2?), line length, and other XMLish things would be helpful.
>
> -1
>
> Unnecessary.
>
> A "coding style" for XML might be revisited if this becomes a problem,
> but for now it is "just another rule" that serves no real purpose and
> occupies memory in the developer's head.
>
> /LS

The reason I mentioned it is that I was trying to work an xdoc and I noticed
some inconsistant indent size, plus a few long lines.  Reformatting an
entire xdoc or large portions of it would mean that every line gets changed
in the patch.  Not as big a problem as it would be in Java code, but it
seems somehow abnormal.

David Weitzman