avalon-dev mailing list archives

From david.g...@hic.gov.au
Subject Re: Checkout Problem
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:00:29 GMT

Sometime ago the following problem was reported by Amir Rosen:
"I'm trying
cvs checkout -P -D 2002-07-05 jakarta-avalon-excalibur
and after awhile i get

jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/merlin/registry/pack

\
age.html cvs server: Updating \
jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/merlin/registry/doc-fi

\
les Terminated with fatal signal 11
Core dumped; preserving /tmp/cvs-serv92631 on server.
CVS locks may need cleaning up.

What's wrong ?"

I have the same problem and have done some further investigation. At the
time I suggested that deleting the whole directory and starting again.
Which I have now done a couple of times which is somewhat annoying.

I am using WinCVS on Win95 but as an experiment tried jCVS on Win95 - same
problem. I then had a look in Bugzilla on the WinCVS site and they suggest
that the problem is more to do with Win95 (and I suspect the networking
code therein). They suggest upgrading to a more recent Windows OS to
resolve the problem.

Guess I will have to either move my internet connection onto my Win2000
machine or upgrade the Win95 box to Win98 or WinME.

FWIW.

David

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.