avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Releasing excalibur subprojects
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:34:48 GMT

In our case the components are tested very well in Cocoon.

> > I want to release the store, the xmlutil and the sourceresolve
> > subprojects. Anyone against it?
>
> Before releasing excalibur components, I prefer to check if we can move
> the stuff elswhere, before creating a legacy here.
>
> So -1 till anyone wanting to release excalibur stuff explains why these
> have to be released here versus be in some kind of Commons.

Ah, the good old discussion about commons vs. avalon. Great!

> Now more specific points:
> - xmlutil -1: seems like a package for xml-commons, no Avalon dependency

Hmm, xmlutil provides Avalon components. I'm fine with moving them if
xml-commons wants to have a dependency on avalon.

> - sourceresolve +1: seems like a non-commons-convertible Avalon
> component to me
>
> - store -0: it *is* an Avalon Component, but there is a cool simplestore
> package in Jakarta-commons-sandbox, written by Gerhard Froehlich
> (g-froehlich@gmx.de) Juozas Baliuka (baliuka@mwm.lt).
> Gerhard, what's the status? Can't we make our store use simplestore as
> an impl?

Again, this project defines components (with an implementation). It is
of course possible to add an implementation which uses a commons-sandbox
implementation - but that's optional in my eyes.

Carsten